Payroll and HR administration services in China
Demanding statutory requirements to comply with an ever-changing legislation make payroll and HR administration an extremely challenging and resource consuming agenda – especially when taken care of by an internal team. Having this task off your shoulders enables you shift your focus to more strategic functions of your HR management instead.
Shifting the responsibility to a trusted provider is a safe bet. It not only diminishes the administrative burden, saves time and valuable resources, removes the potential risks of non-compliance and penalties from local statutory authorities. Most importantly it improves the quality, accuracy and timeliness of all your payroll and HR administration processes. Utilizing our advanced cloud solutions enables you to gain additional value and elevated user experience for your employees and HR teams.
Payroll outsourcing services
Our full range of payroll services in China will help you to manage the following:
- Complete and accurate collection of data for payroll calculation: Collection and set up of control procedures for all input data and information in order to process an accurate calculation of payroll, deductions, taxes and net salaries in compliance with the applicable statutory requirements, processing of the off-cycle payroll calculation based on your needs
- Benefits and bonuses administration: Calculation based on provided company benefit and bonus schemes, such as medical or life insurance, pension plans, vacation time, sick leave, maternity leave and other schemes
- Pay slips distribution to employees, administration and settlement of all payments: Issue of pay slips, based on your preference, in hard-copy or password-protected PDF files, to be distributed by email or saved on the online self-service payroll portal for employees; administration of payments and distribution of payments to employees and local statutory authorities
- Payroll inquiry handling: hotline support and assistance for employees by dedicated payroll consultant or a dedicated team of consultants
- Statutory reporting: preparation of payroll statutory reporting and filing to Chinese authorities, such as the Tax Office, Labour Office, Social and health insurance companies, Statistics offices and other, representation and regular communication with these authorities
- Personal income tax consultancy: Calculation and filing of personal income tax returns, including assistance to employees by collecting the information and necessary documents, required consultancy for employees, including expats, on their tax matters
- Any required reporting for management: Preparation of reporting package based on your needs, and any other specific reporting for the local and international HR management
Payroll and HR online portal
Our user-friendly payroll and HR self-service portal enables your employees to manage numerous tasks on their own – without the need to ask their payroll or HR team for assistance. The portal can be utilized as a tailored interface to access and store payslips, send a payroll inquiry or ticket to the payroll accountant, fill in data for the yearly tax clearance or other documents to be prepared, request time-off, approve and manage business trips or settle travel expenses – all within in a secure online environment.
The payroll portal interface offers following functions to your employees and HR teams:
- Collection, exchange and storage of payroll and HR data for payroll calculation
- Distribution of pay slips, including email notification about new pay slip available
- Electronic archive of historical pay slips and HR documents
- Online ticketing system for payroll inquiry handling, with archive of Q&As
- Tailored reports and overviews that can be downloaded directly from the system
The usage of the employee self-service portal by HR teams goes far beyond regular document and workflow management, as it provides various HR administration modules as well:
- Administration, maintenance and archive of HR and personal files
- Collection of information for preparation of various employment related documents, such as contracts or any other employment related documentation
- Collection of input and information for yearly personal income tax return filing
- Administration of benefits, while the interface can be fully customized to your needs
- Business trips administration, travel expenses administration and settlement
- Time and attendance management, requesting and approval of absences, vacation or any other type of time-off, shift planning, interactive calendars and more
HR administration services and consultancy
As an integral part of our payroll outsourcing services, we also provide full range of HR administration support and assistance in order to make sure that all your statutory reporting and compliance requirements applicable in China are covered. Our experienced payroll, HR consultants and labour-law experts are able to help you with general tasks, such as personal files management and preparation of employment relationship contractual agenda, but also provide more complex and client-specific tasks that require dedicated consultancy.
We provide a wide range of tailored solutions and services designed to fit perfectly the specific needs of your organization. Our services help you to address the following matters:
- HR files maintenance and administration: Organizing and keeping all personal files of employees in compliance with statutory requirements in China
- Newcomers and leavers agenda: Registration of new and leaving employees at local authorities, support during the administration of the onboarding process, preparation of contracts and other employment and HR related documents, provision of necessary trainings for new employees and more, based your specific needs
- Employment and contractual documentation: Preparation of employment related documents, such as labour contracts, amendments to contracts, job specifications and other documents, in compliance with the requirements of applicable Chinese legislation and specific needs of your organization
- Representation by audits and inspections by local authorities: Representation in regular or extraordinary communication with the Chinese statutory authorities, support and assistance during audits and inspections, preparation of required statutory documentation, resolution of any disputes with the authorities
- Additional HR consultancy based on your specific needs: Advisory related to personal income tax of your employees or expats, health insurance and social security compliance for your employees or expats
- Complex tax and other consultancy related to non-residents working in China: global mobility matters and all related administrative services and support for your foreign employees
Tax overview for global mobility in China
Learn all details you need to know when dealing with expat matters in China: tax residency, personal income tax, social security, health insurance, Chinese tax resident working in other country, other country’s tax resident working and paying taxes in China, penalties and much more!
Labour-law and and other consultancy related to employment
Our experienced in-country team of legal experts offers a full-range consultancy to your HR teams by addressing various labour-law or employment related matters – to make sure your company meets all statutory requirements applicable in China and your organization’s specific needs are met.
- Support by preparation of employment contractual documentation, such as contracts and contract amendments, job descriptions, termination agreements, liability for damage and material responsibility agreements and others, fully in compliance with legal requirements and best practices applicable in China
- Design and set up of internal HR processes, drafting of internal guidelines, policies and procedures, preparation of templates according to specific needs of your organization
- Solving of various employment related matters and disputes, such as working time and shifts, employment termination including mass layoff, health and safety at work, working conditions, annual leave, parental leave, employee benefits and other areas specific for your organization