Legal advisory in Turkey
Our full-fledged inhouse legal team is ready to provide concise, business-oriented and tailored advisory to companies from various sectors to support their activities in Turkey. The unique combination of our legal, tax and accounting expertise enables to provide an all-round care and effective solutions based on the best legal practices in Turkey. We are able to cover all your requirements both in standard operations and in large, demanding transactions covering various aspects of your business.
Our experienced legal advisors in Turkey are ready to provide a wide selection of services within the field of corporate law, ranging from initial professional support during incorporation, to a comprehensive provision of all business transactions and changes during the lifetime of the company. Our legal services in the area of corporate law can cover:
- Incorporation and sale of ready-made companies, including provision of registered offices and support for secretarial services in Turkey
- Full-range administration support and company liquidation
- Provision of changes in the legal status of the company at the respective authorities
- Distribution of the Shared Capital, increase and reduction
- Agreements governing the relationships between related parties, shareholder agreements
- Provision of legal support by negotiating with trading partners and preparing the corresponding legal documentation
- Preparation of annual general meetings and other executive meetings
- Corporate governance and management rules
Insolvency, restructuring and bankruptcy
In case you are dealing with insolvency litigations, our experienced lawyers are qualified to support you in various matters, mitigate the potential risks and provide the most effective solutions for your specific case – fully in compliance with legal requirements in Turkey.
Our experienced team of local legal advisors in Turkey will guide you through the whole insolvency litigation procedure and represent you at administrative, civil and insolvency courts, including out-of-court negotiations, while providing all the required professional assistance by pre-insolvency negations. We are ready to investigate and design solutions for insolvency restructuring, taking into consideration your special conditions and cover all relevant possibilities. Moreover, we can also provide complex support and assistance enacted by enforcement proceedings and debt recovery proceedings in Turkey.
Intellectual property law
The intellectual property law is a complex area, with both local and global implications which cannot be handled without a deep understanding of all related regulations and procedures. Our well-experienced inhouse team of legal advisors in Turkey is ready to support you by:
- Representation before the statutory authorities and organizations in Turkey
- Drafting and negotiating the contracts regulating intellectual property law issues
- Matters related to copyrights, trademarks, patents and other intangible property rights
- Legal advisory services related to the software development and provision
- Representing the clients at court hearings and out-of-court negotiations
Personal data protection compliance services – KVKK and GDPR
Our team of experts and legal consultants offers the most suitable management and compliance process consultancy for the organization in Turkey regarding data protection applications in line with the Turkish Personal Data Protection Law (KVKK) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The compliance services we offer can be implemented to either the whole organization or to a specific unit or department:
- Turkish Personal Data Protection Law (KVKK) compliance services, from the administrative and technical standpoint with customized service packages
- The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance service, from the administrative and technical standpoint, with customized service packages
- Compliance consultancy for your entity outside Turkey with tailor-made organization and industry-specific solutions
- Legal advisory solutions for KVKK and GDPR compliance
- Outsourced Data Controller Representative (DCR) services for companies located outside Turkey that receive and act as the data controller of the personal data of Turkish residents.
GDPR legal support and advisory
Considering the high sanctions and the limited time that businesses have to ensure all legal and technical aspects are covered, it is important to pick the right professional partner. Our well-matched team of legal and corporate advisors in Turkey are ready to help you identify how GDPR impacts your company and support you in the following areas:
- Overall revision of your current personal data processing, including follow-up analysis
- Preparation of internal guidelines, working procedures and manuals, employee consent for data processing
- Revision and adjustment of the appropriate contractual relationship with the persons involved in processing, including subscribers and other business partners
- Analysis to see whether it is required to carry out impact assessment on the protection of personal data and any follow-up support in the process, as well as when dealing with a supervisor, with whom the results of the assessment should be consulted
- Other services according to your specific needs and requirements
Data Privacy and Security Trainings
It has become crucial for employees to be informed about privacy and security when it comes to obtaining, processing, using and erasing personal data. Cyber-attacks pose a threat also to the work environment, therefore it is important to focus also on cyber security as data privacy. Especially, with the rising trend of remote working, the asset data of organizations is the most important value that needs proper protection.
With our data privacy and security training, employees will gain the necessary knowledge and experience when it comes to privacy and security, to prevent all future risks and attacks.
Our compliance team experts provide extensive education on personal data protection, privacy and security, technological requirements, data protection applications and awareness of personal legal rights and obligations.
Our public tender services have been refined in order to meet your requirements regardless of the public procurement procedure implied by the awarding contract: open, restricted or negotiated procedures, as well as the complex competitive dialogue procedure. Therefore, our legal advisors in Turkey are ready to support you during the entire process of the public procurement of services, goods or works, by providing a full range of services covering:
- Provision of advisory services within the whole procedure of public tenders in Turkey
- Preparation of the documentation on behalf of the customers
- Representation of the bidders in the procedure of public tenders in Turkey
- Representation of the bidders or customers before the courts and the state institutions
Labour law and employment support
As an integral part of our HR administration and payroll services, we offer a comprehensive labour law support provided by our experienced team of legal experts. They are ready to help you to address the following matters related to employment relationship in Turkey:
- Design and implementation of internal HR processes, development of guidelines, policies and procedures, preparation of standard set of templates
- Preparation of employment contractual documentation, such as contracts and amendments, job descriptions, termination agreements, liability for damage, material responsibility agreements and others, fully in compliance with the legal requirements and best practices applicable in Turkey
- Resolution of various matters related to employment, such as working time and shifts, employment termination including mass layoff, working conditions, annual leave, parental leave, health and safety at work, employee benefits and other areas
- Consultancy related to GDPR and personal data protection in Turkey
Other legal services we are ready to provide in Turkey
Commercial and civil law
Our services can cover the preparation of contracts, commenting commercial and civil law contracts, provision of comprehensive legal advice in civil and commercial relations and preparation of legal opinions fully in compliance with the legal framework in Turkey.
Administrative and tax law
We cover the areas of client representation, applying claims thereof in administrative and tax proceedings in Turkey, revision of contracts from the point of tax and administrative law, preparation of legal opinions, representing clients in proceedings on reviewing the lawfulness of decisions of the administrative bodies before the court in Turkey.
Disputes and enforcement of receivables
Our legal services in Turkey cover the representation of clients before courts in proceedings related to civil, commercial, administrative and labour law matters, representing clients before arbitration courts, complex management and recovery of claims at pre-trial stage, in court proceedings, enforcement proceedings, bankruptcy and restructuring, provision of legal analysis in this matter.