Tax advisory and tax compliance services in Egypt
Meet your tax and reporting obligations while benefiting from our deep knowledge and best practices that fit with the regulation frameworks in Egypt – in order to stay compliant with all requirements, mitigate your tax risks and improve efficiency of your local and international operations in Egypt.
Our tax compliance services revolve around the corporate income tax (CIT), value added tax (VAT), personal income tax (PIT) and social security, local taxes, withholding taxes, excise taxes and custom duties in Egypt.
- Ensuring the registration process in Egypt with local authorities
- Registration for CIT, VAT and VAT refunds, including other taxes in Egypt
- Assistance with any inquiries from the tax offices and dispute resolution in Egypt
Tax compliance and filings
- Preparation and submission of statutory tax returns
- Processing of tax liability payments to local authorities
- Other tax consultancies related to CIT, VAT, local taxes, withholding taxes, excise taxes and custom duties applicable in Egypt
- US tax return consultancy and compliance according to FATCA
- Guidance and support by internal and external tax audits
- Representation in communication with the tax offices and local authorities in Egypt
Tax advisory and transactions
- International tax advisory
- Personal income tax, non-resident and global mobility services
- Transfer pricing services and local representation
- Transactions services, M&A tax and legal structuring
- Due diligence: financial, tax and legal
- Professional tax, accounting and financial trainings
Personal income tax
Our inhouse team of experienced tax professionals is ready to provide the required consultancy support when dealing with more complex tax, social security or foreign assignment matters – in compliance with the tax law and best practices of the market in Egypt.
- Individual planning, definition of suitable payroll and tax schemes for both residents and non-residents in Egypt
- Filing of personal income tax returns and compliance in Egypt
- Filing of other statutory reporting obligations for social security, health insurance and other
- Representation in communication with the tax offices, social security and health insurance companies, and other authorities in Egypt
- Full-range global mobility services for expats in Egypt
Non-resident and global mobility services
Our experienced tax team in Egypt, backed up by a strong international network, will guide you through the complex agenda of cross-border mobility of employees and expatriates, that requires the deep knowledge of local and international legislation in the areas of individual taxation, social security, payroll, labour law, as well as best practices when it comes to providing the necessary administrative work to ensure compliance .
Review the expatriate tax program of your company should provide answers to the following questions: are you fully compliant with statutory requirements on individual tax, social security and local payroll reporting? Does it mitigate the risk of being exposed to inspections by the local authority?
Our experts will help you to address the following international assignment issues:
- Creation of the tax-efficient employment structures for non-residents
- Evaluation of the tax filing requirements of the home country and the foreign country
- Implications related to a permanent establishment in Egypt, including the reporting obligations
- Social security and health insurance statutory requirements applicable to expatriates
- Preparation and filing of tax returns for non-residents in Egypt
- Payroll and HR administration services for expatriates in Egypt
- Other administrative services, such as obtaining work and residence permits, dealing with the local authorities and offices for foreigners in Egypt
- Representation in communication with the tax offices and other authorities
Our Advisory portal developed inhouse provides an effective communication and document exchange channel – and thus improves your user experience with our advisory services. The portal allows specific managers and selected employees to access relevant information by our user-friendly interface. Your company will effectively consolidate all data, documents and other information in one secure location, while access is granted through varying access rights.
By using our Advisory online portal, you can easily access:
- Document exchange and archive
- Customized workflows and approvals
- Online tax and legal forms
- Advisory hotline
The Advisory portal can be utilized for all advisory services and any type of project – ranging from tax compliance and legal support to consultancy for specific projects such as mergers and acquisitions, consolidations, due diligence, transfer pricing or even applications for various types of funding and grants.